In June 2019 I started as a reporter with the Dow Jones Newswires in the Berlin office of The Wall Street Journal. My topics are energy, climate and environment from a more business-oriented angle. Before that I worked as freelancer, published stories in English and German newspapers or magazines. I also moderate panels and produce radio features.
I studied political science and journalism at the University of Leipzig and the Institut d’Etudes Politiques in Toulouse. Later I trained in Nuremberg before moving back to the East: to Dresden, as state correspondent for the dapd news agency. Between 2011 and 2016 I was the author and editor of the monthly magazine for political culture Cicero in Berlin, edited its online and social media channels.
In 2016, I participated in the program of the Robert Bosch Foundation “Media Ambassadors India – Germany” where I was based in Delhi and wrote for The Indian Express. There I’ve discovered my passion for cross-border journalism and became a frequent India traveler. Back home I am contributing to the Indo-German Media Association as a treasurer. I’ve also covered the presidential elections in 2017 in France, reported from Israel, Transnistria or Nigeria, following the poisonous trail of used lead-acid batteries.
I am a member of the German investigative researchers’ association “netzwerk recherche” and jury member of the News Enlightenment Initiative , which annually selects the top ten neglected topics in the media. Recently I’ve been elected to the arbitral tribunal of the German Journalists Association Berlin JVBB.
Awards and achievements:
– First Prize of the Fetisov Journalism Award for “Excellence in Environmental Journalism” with Isaac Anyaogu in 2020
– Ernst-Schneider-Preis of the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) 2019
– German Journalist Prize djp in the category Innovation & Sustainability 2019
– Media prize of the German Federal Association of Pediatricians (BVKJ) in 2019
– Winner of the Otto von Habsburg Prize 2018, awarded by the European Association of Daily Newspapers in Minority and Regional Languages, for excellent reporting on minorities
– Awarded the Otto Brenner Foundation research grant 2018
– Nominee of the German Journalist Prize of the German Stock Market – djp Mobility & Logistics 2018
– Global Health Journalism Grant 2018 of the European Journalism Center and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for the project “Poisonous Lead”, exposing
hazardous conditions in the production of lead for Western car batteries in Nigeria
– Winner of the Global Health Journalism Grant 2017 of the European Journalism Center and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for the project
“Silicosis – The Silent Killer”, investigating the deadly lung disease of sand stone miners in India’s state Rajasthan
– Fellow of the Media Ambassador India-Germany program of the Bosch Foundation 2016
– Selection under “The 500” of the media portal newsroom.de
– Alumni of the German Academic Scholarship Foundation and the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD
ARA News, Berliner Zeitung, BusinessDay Nigeria, Buzzfeed News, Cicero, Deutschlandradio Kultur, Frankfurter Rundschau, Der Freitag, Indian Express, Independent Science News, der journalist, MINT India, Nordwest-Zeitung, Nürnberger Nachrichten, Passauer Neue Presse, Das Parlament, Rhein-Neckar-Zeitung, Rheinneckarblog, Die Rheinpfalz, Schwäbische Zeitung, Der SPIEGEL, Spiegel Online, Stern.de, Süddeutsche Zeitung, sueddeutsche.de, Tagesspiegel, die tageszeitung, Übermedien, USA Today, Washington Post, Welt-Sichten, WirtschaftsWoche, Die ZEIT, ZEIT Online